Friday, August 15, 2008

The Weekly Shuffle: Week 2

Click here for week one of this epic undertaking. Here is an updated list of everything on my iTunes:
Songs: 13,026
Days: 35.8
Size: 59.98 GB

I was able to figure out how to embed songs, so you can all sit through the torture just like me! Now let's get started.

Song #6: "Welcome 2 the Party (Ode 2 the Old School)" by Kid Rock, off of his album Devil Without a Cause

Oh fuck. Why do I keep having rotten luck with this project? Sure, Kid has maybe three songs that are listenable, and unfortunately, this isn't one of them. He raps about bullshit throughout the entire song. Ugh.
I used to like Kid Rock. I thought I was edgy for listening to him when I was in middle school. Turns out I was dead wrong.
As a person, he's pretty funny though. I've seen a few videos in which he makes fun of himself, and it's funny.
He just said "party my dick off." I want to get that tattooed on my stomach. He's now talking about licking titties and pussy. Seems to me that he can't make up his mind between the two.
Rating: 3/10

Song #7: "Creeping Death" by Metallica, off of their album Ride the Lightning

Woo, fuck yeah! Metallica kicks so much ass, I don't care what anyone has to say. This was during that (two decade) phase that they went through where James Hetfield sounds like he's about 40 feet away from the microphone. This song isn't their best, but it's still awesome. The guitar solo is rocking my fucking balls off. Now I have a partied-off dick and a rocked-off set of balls. Awesome, no?
Thanks to their far-away microphone technology, I can't understand a damn word he's saying. Still makes me want to brand a pentagram into the chest of my enemies though, so I guess it isn't a total loss.
Rating: 7/10

Song #8: "Alive With the Glory of Love" by Say Anything, off of their album ...Is a Real Boy


Right when the drums at the opening of this song start, I instantly get a smile on my face. Those of you that know me know that this band is my absolute passion, and I practically worship them. Even better, this song is one of my favorites by them. Sure, that list is about 847 songs long, but still. The content of this song is amazing. It's about a couple falling in love while being in a Nazi concentration camp, and the boy telling the girl that everything they've suffered through was worth it, because they found each other. Isn't that adorable?
Rating: 9/10

Song #9: "Mickey" by Toni Basil off of the compilation album Sounds of the 80's

My smile just disappeared. This is by far one of the worst songs in existence. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. I want to gouge my eyes out, put them out in the sun to dry out and harden, sharpen them into shivs, and stab my eardrums with them. Why this song was written, I'll never know. Three minutes of PURE HELL.
Rating: 1/10

Song #10: "You Went Away" by Tegan and Sara, off of their album If It Was You

I never really got all that into Tegan and Sara. I have a lot of friends that were into them though, which explains why I have close to 40 songs by them on my computer.
They are both ridiculously attractive though. For those of you that don't know, they are Canadian twin sisters, and they are both lesbians. Hot lesbians.
My, that song was average-sounding. And short.
Rating: 4/10

Weekly average: 4.8/10

No comments: