Sunday, July 27, 2008

Why Choco Tacos are so fucking delicious

Never before in the history of my entire life has one treat held my attention for so long. I've been obsessed with these tasty ice cream delights since I was a wee tot. If you have never experienced the joy of a chocolate-covered, ice cream-filled taco, let me paint you a picture:
The taco shell is made of a waffle cone with just a hint of chocolatey flavoring. It's mostly for show, but when later eating the crumbs off of your belly and chest, you'll realize that yes, it is chocolate-flavored.
The inside is filled with vanilla ice cream, with four or five vertical fudge stripes running through it. These rivers of fudge are usually pretty frozen when you eat it, but generally get goopy about halfway through.
And finally, the top of the taco is covered with hardened, Hershey-bar grade chocolate with peanuts mixed in. Is your mouth watering yet? IT SHOULD BE.
So anyways, like I was saying, these unhealthy, Mexican food-masquerading ice cream bars have been my favorite since before I hit puberty. They were my go-to treat whenever I'd see an ice cream truck, and what I would always ask for when going by a freezer at a convenience store.
But lately, they have been getting harder and harder to find. I'm not sure why this is, but it's true. You can now only find them at select Taco Bell restaurants, in the freezer at Blockbuster (if you are lucky), and every once in a blue moon when an ice cream truck passes by your house. Other than that, you are out of luck.
But I suppose this is good and bad. Sure, I can't have a Choco Taco any time I'd like to. But it makes it a million times more special when I finally do get one for the first time in ages.

No comments: