Sunday, July 13, 2008

Banksy outed

I know I said I wasn't going to post anything else today, but this really pisses me off.
The London Daily Mail outed a man named Robin Gunningham as the world-famous graffiti artist Banksy. If you don't recognize the name, or have never seen any of his politically-jabbing graffiti, you have clearly been living under a rock for the last few years. Below is one of Banksy's most famous pieces, to jog your memory:
I just don't understand why people need to know who he is. Sure, what he does is illegal, but his work is loved by millions and bought for millions. If he wants to live under a pseudonym and be faceless, fucking let him. It takes a lot for an artist to not attach their faces or real names to masterpieces such as his. He has a reason for it. Even if he turns out to not be this Robin fellow, leave the real Banksy alone. He's kept his secret safe for this long.

No comments: