Sunday, July 6, 2008

"Wooly Willy" wall mural

I've had this idea floating around in my head for a while (I originally wrote it in my journal on 6/12/08), and I figured it was about time I shared it with the world.

Remember these old things? If you don't, they were essentially cardboard backings with a man's face printed on them with a plastic casing over it. Encased in the plastic were little metal shavings, and when you put the included magnetic "magic wand" over these shavings, they were dragged around inside the case. You were able to give Wooly Willy funky facial hair and goofy looks with this. They've been around for ages.
I have an idea for a modern one, though. Imagine this: you paint this face really big on a wall in your house (I'm thinking 2.5 ft by 1.5 ft), get a piece of plexiglass to fit over it, and draw on it with colored dry-erase markers. Bonus points if you can figure out how to mount a marker/eraser holder on the bottom.
I want to do this in my house or apartment someday. I think it would be neat to also have a gallery of the best faces in Polaroid form next to it.

No comments: