Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Irrelevance (T.W. #4)

Lego Batman
For the past few days, I’ve been playing the new Lego Batman game obsessively. I don’t play video games that often, so this is sort of surprising. I’ve been a fan of the past two Lego + franchise games (Star Wars and Indiana Jones), because I enjoy both franchises (at least, before they were ruined). But they were lacking something that they didn’t leave out of this one. I get the feeling that this one was made FOR FANS. For instance, the villains that the game includes are Killer Croc, Two-Face, the Joker, the Penguin, Firefly, Clayface, Poison Ivy, the Riddler, and Mr. Freeze. If you are wondering who some of those are, I’ve proven my point. I highly suggest you pick it up. It’s easily the best Batman game of all time (it’s not a hard title to win, but whatever).

Ben Folds’ Way To Normal
I’ve written about Ben Folds a few times before, and he had a new album release at the end of last month. Well, after listening to it a few times, I can say with full confidence that it contains some of his best songs. “Hiroshima,” “Brainwashed,” and “You Don’t Know Me” are my favorites, and I was disappointed by “Cologne.” But that’s it. Nothing else really let me down. Good job, Benjamin.

Rolling Stone
Rolling Stone magazine changed their format recently. Usually a large-format ‘zine, they have now adopted the standard magazine format for publishing all future issues. I saw it on a newsstand the other day, and it completely blew my mind (despite hearing about the change earlier in the week). It’s weird how such a small thing can change your view of something so much. Now, I’m afraid it won’t stand out anymore. Their fault, though.

Sex Drive
I saw the movie Sex Drive this past weekend, and wasn’t disappointed. It’s a sex comedy in the same vein as American Pie, Knocked Up, and Superbad. If you like any/all of those, check it out. James Marsden steals the movie, playing the perfect douchebag older brother.But I have something to say about two of the actors in the movie. First of all, Josh Zuckerman (who plays Ian, the main character) looks identical to Jason Schwartzman. Below is a picture comparing the two: They even have the same mole on their cheek! You can’t tell me that they don’t at least look like brothers or something. It’s creepy.
Second, Amanda Crew (who plays Felicia) is absolutely beautiful. My crush on her is epic:Isn’t she adorable? I think so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"who plays Ian, the man character"

Not sure if you meant to put "man" or "main". ;)

I'm on the phone with you while typing this, and I'm going to say it for the millionth time. Holy fucking hell, he's adorable.