Sunday, November 9, 2008

State of the blog: November 9, 2008

I'm not sure how long this will last, but I've decided that this will be my last post on a weekend for a while. Don't worry, the weekdays will have at least one update per day. It turns out that my computer is completely fried, and I need a new one. After that, I'll be out of this strange rut I've been in as of late. I promise.

Thank you all for the good feedback on the "graphic novels" posts. They took ages to put together, write, and publish, so it's good news that you all liked them. I have another one planned, this time for non-superhero graphic novels. It should be posted before the end of November, if things go as planned. I have a few other "big posts" planned as well, so get excited for those.

Speaking of feedback, I've added a neat new Blogger feature that lets you all rate my posts on a scale from 1-5. Of course, 5 is the best, 1 is the worst, 3 means average. This will help me understand what everyone likes, so that I can start taking the blog in that direction.

I have something really interesting planned for the entire month of December. I haven't really worked it all out yet, but I can tell you this: it'll be a massive countdown of the top things of the year. Not good or bad, per se, but just "things." I'm pretty sure I'll try to do one entry for every weekday in December, making it a top 20 list. If anyone can think of a neat title for these posts (and maybe make me a header for it?), that would be great. I want something catchy, like "en-tur-tain-munt's 2008: the year shit went down." Cute, isn't it?

Now, I'm going to be like the MythBusters, and beg you all for ideas. I'm nearing 200 posts, and am getting sort of low on things to write about (that, or my ideas have already been written about, and I don't want to step on the toes of whomever originally wrote whatever it is I want to write about). I have around 30-40 more posts written down, but only add to my list about three times a week. Math geniuses will realize that sooner or later, I'll be shit outta luck. So please, please e-mail me, comment me, call me, send me a letter; ANYTHING, to give me ideas. If I like them, I'll obviously credit you with the idea when I post it.

And finally, I would absolutely love it if someone out there that reads the blog would help me with advertising. I don't care if you buy a billboard on Route 66 or post a single bulletin about it on Myspace, anything goes. I want this child of mine to be as big and bad as it possibly can be, and I need all of your guys' help for that. Thank you.

Oh, and once I start working, I'll be buying a domain name (but still publishing on Blogger). They are only $10 per year, it turns out. Then I might open up a store of some sort for stickers, shirts, and other shit, so you can consumeristically show your love for the little guy. Cool, eh?

No comments: