Friday, November 7, 2008

Irrelevance (#6)

Someone make me a header for these. Please?

RC Cola About five weeks ago, I was over at Vance's house, chillin' like you know we do, and he asked me if I wanted anything to drink. I asked him what he had, and he replied with the usual "Mountain Dew." But to my surprise, the sentence didn't end there. He tacked on three more words, and those words were "And some RC." I was baffled. Flabbergasted, even. I hadn't seen much of RC since I lived with my dad in a semi-shitty apartment complex. I used to go down to the community pool from the third story, just to enjoy an ice-cold RC. Yep, that's how shitty the apartments were. We didn't have a Coke machine, we had an RC machine. But hey, I wasn't complaining. At least, not until after we moved out of those apartments. Since then, I had only seen RC in shady supermarkets and in soda dispensers, which always seemed to be sold out of this now-rare beverage. I wasn't quite sure why, until I re-tried it those few short weeks ago. RC tastes like TAB, if TAB wasn't absolute shit. It's uncommonly good. Now, it seems that it may have replaced Coke as my carbonated beverage of choice. Since our local store has started selling it (which explained Vance having it), I've been flying through one 12-pack a week. It's that good.

Colored DVD cases
I'm not entirely sure why, but when I buy a movie that has a colored case, I get really excited. It doesn't really matter what color it is, as long as it is something other than the dull, bland black that they usually use. There is just something about looking at all of my DVD's from the top and seeing colored ones randomly sprinkled in. My Edward Scissorhands DVD, for instance, has a silver box. My Death Cab For Cutie documentary has a clear one. It makes me giddy, imagining them right now.
I'm the exact same way with colored vinyl records too. Maybe I don't like the color black. Or maybe not, considering I voted for Obama. Oh, I know! I like things that aren't bland and generic!

Wifebeaters
Change the name of this shirt, you assholes. I don't want to be thinking of a woman getting her ass kicked every time I see a douchebag in one of these. I suppose it is named after a big part of their clientele, but still. It's offensive, like naming a sports team after a racist term (yeah you, Washington Redskins): you just don't do it. Ever. You don't see me calling a rope a "negrohanger," do you?
But I do have this to say: put any semi-attractive woman in a tank top/wifebeater, and she'll instantly be incredibly sexy. No joke.

No comments: