Monday, November 3, 2008

Mini movie reviews (#1)

Since I now work at Blockbuster, I'll be renting and watching a lot of new-to-DVD movies. Never leaving a stone unturned, I figured I'd start a new section so that I can review each movie in a small blurb. Each review will be under one middle school-length paragraph (four to six sentences), in two sections (Good and Bad). I'm not going to go over any plot points or post a synopsis, but the titles of the movie will be linked to the IMDb page. There will be two to four movies per post. The ratings I will go by are as follows:

1 - Horrible; one of the worst movies ever.
2 - Terrible.
3 - Really bad.
4 - Below average.
5 - Average.
6 - Above average.
7 - Good.
8 - Really good.
9 - Amazing; near-perfect.
10 -Absolutely flawless; one of my favorite films.

Be Kind Rewind Directed by Michel Gondry
Starring Jack Black, Mos Def, and Danny Glover
Released in 2008
Rated PG-13
Good: The "Sweded" movie remakes were incredible (the Ghostbusters one was the best, as was the little bit you see from the Men In Black one). The girl in this movie was pretty cute as well. Mos Def played a pretty lovable character.
Bad: Jack Black's character was incredibly annoying and obnoxious at times. There weren't enough of their "Sweded" movie remakes at all. The last quarter of the movie could have been used for this, rather than what it was really used for.
Rating: 6.5/10

Pathology

Directed by Marc Scholermann
Starring Milo Ventimiglia, Michael Weston, and Alyssa Milano
Released in 2008
Rated R
Good: Milo is a good actor, and shows it here (and on Heroes). It's a very sexy movie, with lots of violence; in the same vein as the Saw and Hostel movies. Plus it was written by Neveldine and Taylor, who wrote Crank. It was a lot better than I thought it would be.
Bad: It seemed to drag on a bit towards the middle. I wish Michael Weston's (from Chuck and House) character was developed more, because he seemed really interesting.
Rating: 7/10

Let me know what you think of this new section in the chat box.

No comments: